CYPRUS BROADBAND FORUM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

advanced search
june 21 2018 07:35am

PRIMETEL REVIEWS

Poll
Question: Your rating for PrimeTel
1 Star - Avoid - 15 (50%)
2 Stars - Not Recommended - 4 (13.3%)
3 Stars - Okay - 0 (0%)
4 Stars - Good - 3 (10%)
5 Stars - Excellent - 8 (26.7%)
Total Voters: 28

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Topic: PrimeTel Reviews  (Read 84569 times)
panathas13

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 30 2010 09:22PM »

hey guys have we got any news about the mega packetts ?

pissa

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 06 2010 08:10PM »

no, but I've heard KFC is having some new deals on their new mega buckets.

..just joking. I'm waiting for an announcement too. Probably 1st of Jan.
pissa

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 16 2010 10:37PM »

NEWS UPDATE guys!
Free double speeds. Seperate competitive prices for the VDSL2 service.

http://sigmalive.com/inbusiness/news/services/336413
koullis

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 17 2010 06:15AM »

monoi tus kamnun panairi...en oi monoi pou ta diafimizun prin na kamun tpt...opos ti sifonia me ti cyta gia tes mappes ediafimizan to je meta pou 3 eftomades efkalan anakinosi oti en esifonisan
pissa

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 29 2010 05:58PM »

dorean diples/triples taxitites apo 1 tou genari. Mexri 24mb.

http://sigmalive.com/inbusiness/news/it/340626
pissa

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 29 2010 10:42PM »

XAXAXAXAXAXA
twra ekatalava ti ekaman! osoi eixame 4mbit me tin "prosfora" tous primenet 39 euro ton mina aplos en na sinexisoume na exoume tin idia taxitita ke meta ton proto xrono pou ligei i prosfora. Ara pernoume aggouraki me ta idia lefta.
En na prepei na dosoume 20 euro parapano gia ta 8mbit. Dld 69 euro ton mina gia 8 mbit. Epelanan telia oi athropoi! Peripezoun mas me tropo!
« Last Edit: December 29 2010 10:46PM by pissa » Logged
koullis

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 30 2010 06:25AM »

molis ema8an tin anakinosi tis cytas ekaman ali toutoi...i cable je i prime enomisan oti en opios fkali tin pio gliori taxitita alla pou support tpt je ka8e lio provlimata
surfer

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 30 2010 12:24PM »

So?? It seems Cablenet is by far the cheapest..
surfer

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 30 2010 12:55PM »

So?? It seems Cablenet is by far the cheapest..
My conclusion is that PrimeTel is by far the cheapest ADSL2+ provider is Cyprus.  As for Cablenet i will be waiting to see how DOCSIS 3 will improve their bandwidths since so far they are just advertising bandwidth but not providing it.

http://www.cyprusbroadband.net/forum/isp-reviews/cablenet-reviews-t13.0.html;msg2143#msg2143
Stefan

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 04 2011 11:14AM »

I haven't noticed any changes in the internet speed. I use to have 8 mb and i still have around 10-12 mbit/ 512kbit. Where is promised 24mbps?  Sad
« Last Edit: January 04 2011 11:18AM by Stefan » Logged
koullis

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 04 2011 03:08PM »

maybe thats the max you can get from the 24mbps
tomsweeney

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 19 2011 10:29PM »

Dear Sir/madam.

I recently decided to join the world of the internet, I first looked at the ever increasing popular satellite connections but considered them somewhat insecure, I therefore settled on a fixed line connection.

On Friday 14th January 2011 I visited the Primetel offices in Paphos, what appeared to be just the right package was fully explained to me and I agreed to sign up with Primetel.

The usual request for my passport was made, this was handed over and the obligatory copy taken, I then offered to pay the required deposit using my Lakai Bank Debit Card and agreed to pay the monthly installments via a direct debit mandate at the above bank.

The assistant then requested that I return to the office with my title deeds in order that the connection could proceed, I asked if a Cypriot had to produce title deeds when requesting an internet connection only to be informed “NO THEY ARE CYPRIOTS”

I then pointed out that it was in fact a breach of European Law to treat me in a way different from the way a Cypriot would be treated, however the staff seemed totally unconcerned that they were breaking the law, probably safe in the knowledge that no such law would ever be enforced in Cyprus against a Cypriot.

At this point I cancelled my intended subscription to the Primetel network and left the premises, I have now made enquiries with a satellite ISP and will under know circumstances knowingly use any service provided by Primetel.

I would recommend all none Cypriots to boycott this company, the law may or may not be willing to take action but potential customers voting with there feet will no doubt pass a powerful message to this racist bigoted company and their employees, in particular due to the current economical climate of the Euro Zone.

Tom Sweeney
koullis

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 20 2011 07:08AM »

similar thing happened to a friend of mine but with mtn because he had a british passport although he is cypriot,lives and works in cyprus , he was raised in cyprus they couldnt transfer his phone number to mtn...maybe its because these companies require a contract signed for at least 1/1.5 years i dont really know they dont want anyone foreigner to sign and then dissapear and not pay the money so they need additional info
« Last Edit: January 20 2011 07:10AM by koullis » Logged
falconcy

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 20 2011 03:31PM »

I had the same thing when trying to get a connection with Cyta. It's really kinda dumb as I've had a contract mobile phone with them for yonks. I had one of the old NMT900's and was amongst their first mobile subscribers. I ended up getting it sorted through the company I work for.
mm4

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 27 2011 07:14PM »

I have been a subscriber to Primetel for 3 years and until recently found the service acceptable.
However, ever since their double speed upgrade for free, my internet speed is LOWER than prior to the "upgrade". Numerous phone calls have resulted in no improvement, after more than 2 months of calling customer service. I was told that I seem to use the internet alot and suspect that they are deliberately slowing my internet connection, but they still charge me for the faster line service. Primetel's service is what I would consider very poor.
The regulation of internet services in Cyprus is also poor and there needs to be an independent monitoring and complaints office.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print

Cyprus Broadband Forum » ISP Reviews

Jump to: