CYPRUS BROADBAND FORUM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

advanced search
september 21 2018 09:50am

CABLENET REVIEWS

Poll
Question: Your rating for Cablenet
1 Star - Avoid - 18 (29.5%)
2 Stars - Not Recommended - 11 (18%)
3 Stars - Okay - 7 (11.5%)
4 Stars - Good - 8 (13.1%)
5 Stars - Excellent - 17 (27.9%)
Total Voters: 60

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 48
Print
Topic: Cablenet Reviews  (Read 417613 times)
stefandem

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: March 07 2011 10:44PM »

and I think it's useless to argue on those statistics.
have a look at primetel's facebook.
people are shouting as their connection is almost like a dialup.
http://www.facebook.com/PrimeTel

I hope you can read greek

Even a friend who works for them in Limassol told me to avoid them.
stefandem

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 10 2011 12:00PM »

και τα μυαλά στα κάγκελα παιδιά.
μόλις συνδέθηκα cablenet

Alex

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: April 06 2011 08:16AM »

i have been using cablenet for the last 5 months.. and it cannot get any worse.. i have a problem with internet at least twice or 3 times a week. i used to have Cytanet for 6 years and never had a problem, and eventhaugh it was 512, and now i hav 10mbs, the 512 of cytanet used to be better than the 10mbs of cablenet. i didnt have internet in the morning, even after trying to connect with 3 different laptops, so i called for technical support, they put me on hold for 35 minutes, and then i got fed up and closed the phone. save urself and dont use cablenet. maybe i am just unlucky with them.. but still. i am going to say that it is the worst internet connection i've had.
andreas234

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: April 19 2011 10:25PM »

I have been using cablenet services for almost 3 years now and i am very pleased with the service. I have recently upgareded my subscription to the "Cable nitro package" due to the upload that it includes. Though i have been given the Hitron BVW-3653 modem router which i havent been able to configure to forward any ports to my network (i.e. port 80 or 81 etc for simple http server). I've talked with cablenet and after changing the modem (in case that it has a modem problem) i am still not able to forward any ports. This is a big problem for me since nothing is visible from the internet inside my network. PLEASE IF ANYONE can help contact me.
Stefan

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: April 22 2011 04:34AM »

Can somebody run speedtest.net or pingtest.net  and check latency in Frankfurt(Germany) I realy want to see the result especialy ping.
Thanks in advance Wink
stefandem

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: April 23 2011 02:13PM »

Can somebody run speedtest.net or pingtest.net  and check latency in Frankfurt(Germany) I realy want to see the result especialy ping.
Thanks in advance Wink

There you go

stefandem

View Profile
« Reply #666 on: April 23 2011 02:22PM »

i have been using cablenet for the last 5 months.. and it cannot get any worse.. i have a problem with internet at least twice or 3 times a week. i used to have Cytanet for 6 years and never had a problem, and eventhaugh it was 512, and now i hav 10mbs, the 512 of cytanet used to be better than the 10mbs of cablenet. i didnt have internet in the morning, even after trying to connect with 3 different laptops, so i called for technical support, they put me on hold for 35 minutes, and then i got fed up and closed the phone. save urself and dont use cablenet. maybe i am just unlucky with them.. but still. i am going to say that it is the worst internet connection i've had.

Except pricing and speeds that was another reason I left Cyta. Disconnections for more than 2 months every night for 1-2 hours.
I decided to connect to cablenet in my new apartment and disconnect cyta from my previous house. while waiting for cablenet I decided not to accept cytanet's upgrade from 2 to 4 mbit but downgrading to 1mbit instead.
now the idiots charge me for two different netrunner connections. 1mbit and 4mbit for two months and I have to call them every month to clarify that I have never had a 4mbit and never asked for it.

Cyta Νιώσε κοντά φτάσε ΑΚΟΜΑ πιο μακριά.
MrPanos

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: May 13 2011 07:52PM »

The internet speed is not constant.  Sometimes it is good, a lot of times it is not.   

The ping speeds are poor.   

A speedtest to limassol shows:

But if you try to do a speedtest outside of Cyprus

The wireless on the modem is horrid.  I have to constantly reboot the modem because for some reason the wireless functions very slowly periodically (regardless if I have full signal and am sitting next to it). 

Finally the digital tv I am paying extra for that requires a set-top box which I was instructed to switch off when not in use so it doesn't catch on fire (show's how great their equipment is) does not work.  All my channels give 'Access Denied'.   

stefandem

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: May 14 2011 07:24AM »

yesterday when you made your speedtest to London, there was a problem with most ISPs in Cyprus for 12 hours and speeds were too slow. I was getting the same results as you at that time.
it was probably because of thunders.
I called cablenet and they told me it's a general problem and it will be fixed soon.
I called cyta and when I chose DSLAccess menu it was hanging up the line.
I asked some friends which are on cytanet and they told me they had problems too.

So, today, london is again as follow

throumbs

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: May 14 2011 03:30PM »

I went from cytanet to cablenet last week, i've been with cytanet from the first day they brought dsl and besides some problems in the beginning of the service they perfected it the last 5 years. On the other hand with cablenet, i have problems every other day, the internet will either not connect, keep disconnecting, the speed will be very slow, browsing will be glitchy, and gaming will have pings of 300-900ms. Yesterday as someone said it was completely screwed the whole day. Today im limited at 120kb/s. I just hope they fix their service soon.
« Last Edit: May 14 2011 04:13PM by throumbs » Logged
stefandem

View Profile
« Reply #670 on: May 14 2011 06:24PM »

Which are the test results you get from this speed test?
http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/speedtest.swf

I went from cytanet to cablenet last week, i've been with cytanet from the first day they brought dsl and besides some problems in the beginning of the service they perfected it the last 5 years. On the other hand with cablenet, i have problems every other day, the internet will either not connect, keep disconnecting, the speed will be very slow, browsing will be glitchy, and gaming will have pings of 300-900ms. Yesterday as someone said it was completely screwed the whole day. Today im limited at 120kb/s. I just hope they fix their service soon.
throumbs

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: May 14 2011 08:35PM »

Which are the test results you get from this speed test?
http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/speedtest.swf

10328kbps/834kpbs
171ms ping

Its fine, but its midnight. It was a tenth of that speed this afternoon.
washor

View Profile
« Reply #672 on: May 15 2011 05:10AM »

Hello guys,

Any one experiencing disconnections with cablenet?This happens only at night 8-4am,My modem levels are not stable and the signal noise ratio of the line is going like hell,I was calling them for 1 week until they understand the problem was from outside.This week their idiot technicians were coming every day here in the street trying to find the problem, and finally the connection got worse.I very angry with them. Customer support 0/10 i really mean that.

Another question for those who owned a hitron BVW-3653,is it working with docsis 3 frequencies or is it still using docsis 2 because it's a 1.0-3.0 compatible modem.Can you get into modems administrative page?
throumbs

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: May 15 2011 06:54PM »

Hello guys,

Any one experiencing disconnections with cablenet?This happens only at night 8-4am,My modem levels are not stable and the signal noise ratio of the line is going like hell,I was calling them for 1 week until they understand the problem was from outside.This week their idiot technicians were coming every day here in the street trying to find the problem, and finally the connection got worse.I very angry with them. Customer support 0/10 i really mean that.

Another question for those who owned a hitron BVW-3653,is it working with docsis 3 frequencies or is it still using docsis 2 because it's a 1.0-3.0 compatible modem.Can you get into modems administrative page?

Yes, I`m getting constant disconnects at this moment. Calling technicians won't fix the incompetence of the company, you`ll just have to wait until they get their act together, which might take months or years. My recommendation to everyone is to stick with cytanet.
washor

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: May 15 2011 07:14PM »

I will try to change my modem again to get the hitron one because is docsis 3 so it my get fixed but i don't think so.Then after all i may go with primetel again.I can't even watch my dreambox because it stucks every 3 minutes,download,upload stops.I'm a cablenet subscriber 3,5-4 years now but the problem with disconnects it's really annoying...
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 48
Print

Cyprus Broadband Forum » ISP Reviews

Jump to: