CYPRUS BROADBAND FORUM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

advanced search
may 17 2024 02:33am

PRIMETEL ROUTER PASSWORD AND BELKIN ROUTER

Pages: [1]
Print
Topic: PrimeTel Router Password and Belkin Router  (Read 40057 times)
gmspitalio

View Profile
« on: October 27 2009 07:35pm »

Im trying to connect a Belkin adsl modem/router to my existing primetel connection. Unfortunately, I cannot get it to work and I wanted to enter the provided Primetel router/modem to see what setting they have so I can configure the Belkin the same way as on Primetel's modem/router. However, the Telsey CPAV624 modem/router provided by Primetel has a username/password whose default should be "admin/admin". This does not work! Does anybody know the username/password to primtels router/modem?

Secondly, could somebody tell me how to setup my Belkin G+ router/modem so that I can use it with my Primetel connection? Do I select PPPoE, where do I find the username and password to connect to the dsl connection? Any help please!! Thank you.
st3lios

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 28 2009 01:34pm »

Im trying to connect a Belkin adsl modem/router to my existing primetel connection. Unfortunately, I cannot get it to work and I wanted to enter the provided Primetel router/modem to see what setting they have so I can configure the Belkin the same way as on Primetel's modem/router. However, the Telsey CPAV624 modem/router provided by Primetel has a username/password whose default should be "admin/admin". This does not work! Does anybody know the username/password to primtels router/modem?

Secondly, could somebody tell me how to setup my Belkin G+ router/modem so that I can use it with my Primetel connection? Do I select PPPoE, where do I find the username and password to connect to the dsl connection? Any help please!! Thank you.

gmspitalio ,

I don't think you will be able to replace their router with something else and make it work.
I saw similar posts in some other forums during last couple of years ( one site is this - actually this site is for another modem but some have posted questions for Primetel router password). Seems that Primetel doesn't allow access to customers  for security reasons.
The modem/router from Primetel is doing many things apart from just ADSL modem compare to the one from CYTA.
From manufacturer website (Telsey CPVA642 - you misspell it CPAV624)  i see that it has 4 Ethernet ports , 2 FXS ports and has state full inspection firewall . So it must be doing routing , switching and voice. All these must have some special configuration.
Setting just the Encapsulation,VPI/VCI probably will not work.

Call their Technical support to get an official reply.
gmspitalio

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28 2009 03:44pm »

thanks st3lios for the reply. I guess you are right, I doubt it is possible, however, I would have been interested to access the modem/router and see what they have setup and see if I can duplicate that setting on my own router to get it to work the same way. It seems like all PrimeTel users are stuck with the given hardware.
gmspitalio

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29 2009 10:30am »

Hi Stelios,

Was wondering if you could help me with this problem of mine. When I startup my computer and I connect to the PrimeTel router with wifi, it shows me as connected to the Wifi network, however if I open the browser and try surfing no page loads. If I wait a minute or two it starts loading the internet eventually. Usually what should happen is as soon as my laptop is on and it automatically connects to the wifi network the internet should instantly work. However, with this router given to me by PrimeTel it takes at least 2 minutes after conncting to the wifi network to load up the internet. Same issue with my iphone, my router in the UK is always connected to the Iphone as soon as I open an application the Iphone connects instantly to the wifi network and loads the internet or downloads the data almost instantly. Whereas with the Primetel router, it takes a minute to auto connect to the router (I am next to it) and then another minute to fetch any data from the net.

It seems like the router disconnects from the internet after some inactivity period, but that is strange because if I am on the laptop surfing and my girlfriend goes on her laptop, she also has the same issue and has to wait at least 2 minutes for the internet to work on the wifi connection. Also my iphone seems to disconnect from the wifi automatically after inactivity but this should not happen, it should always be connected.

Any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: October 29 2009 10:34am by gmspitalio » Logged
efty

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29 2009 01:54pm »

According to the law that governs electronic telecomunications primetel must publish their interface settings so that any modem will work.

Cyta has already done this see link below
http://www.cyta.com.cy/interesting_links_texnikes_prodiagrafes_diepafon_el.htm

If primetel does not publish the settings required then they are violating the law and a complain can be filed to the ocecpr
http://www.ocecpr.org.cy/
st3lios

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 29 2009 02:24pm »

Hi Stelios,

Was wondering if you could help me with this problem of mine. When I startup my computer and I connect to the PrimeTel router with wifi, it shows me as connected to the Wifi network, however if I open the browser and try surfing no page loads. If I wait a minute or two it starts loading the internet eventually. Usually what should happen is as soon as my laptop is on and it automatically connects to the wifi network the internet should instantly work. However, with this router given to me by PrimeTel it takes at least 2 minutes after conncting to the wifi network to load up the internet. Same issue with my iphone, my router in the UK is always connected to the Iphone as soon as I open an application the Iphone connects instantly to the wifi network and loads the internet or downloads the data almost instantly. Whereas with the Primetel router, it takes a minute to auto connect to the router (I am next to it) and then another minute to fetch any data from the net.

It seems like the router disconnects from the internet after some inactivity period, but that is strange because if I am on the laptop surfing and my girlfriend goes on her laptop, she also has the same issue and has to wait at least 2 minutes for the internet to work on the wifi connection. Also my iphone seems to disconnect from the wifi automatically after inactivity but this should not happen, it should always be connected.

Any help would be appreciated.

gmspitalio,

Looks that wireless router is acting weird.
Call their tech support.

efrem

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 01 2009 04:48am »

...or you have problems with outdated network drives on your pc.

PC PLAYGROUND- www.pc-playground.net
zetmen

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12 2010 03:39pm »

guys which ip is connected the router telsey becuase i was trying to connect but even not find the website (not asking for password and user)if anyone know please sent me email zetmen@hotmail.com
Pages: [1]
Print

Cyprus Broadband Forum » General Broadband Discussion

Jump to: